I just finished milling up a piece of 4/4" walnut (down to 3/4"). There were a couple knots all the way through from face to face that I filled with epoxy. This little chunk is destine to become a set of bookends.
Sunday, December 2, 2012
Saturday, December 1, 2012
Before I finished cleaning I jumped into a new project- there has been some progress though. Next project: cabinets on casters; get the router table off of the saw horses and the thickness planer off of the floor.
My Friday night project: a new insert plate for a 1960's Craftsman table saw. It is a joy to work with, but needs some cleaning and minor adjustments. I yet to plunge the kerf through the plate. Hopefully this 7/32" thick, cherry, shellacked, rare earth magnet fixed insert will serve me well.
Sunday, November 25, 2012
The ODU Panther Players, theater group, just finished a production of Ken Ludwig's Leading Ladies, and the workshop took a beating. Now that things have slowed down I'm going to take some time to clean up after the storm and get back to work on some personal projects.
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
A work in progress: Lainey's Lamp. The base is formed from two sheets of 3/4" oak plywood that have been laminated together. The electrical work was completed prior to the glue-up. And of course, plenty of clamping pressure.