I just finished milling up a piece of 4/4" walnut (down to 3/4"). There were a couple knots all the way through from face to face that I filled with epoxy. This little chunk is destine to become a set of bookends.
Sunday, December 2, 2012
Saturday, December 1, 2012
Before I finished cleaning I jumped into a new project- there has been some progress though. Next project: cabinets on casters; get the router table off of the saw horses and the thickness planer off of the floor.
My Friday night project: a new insert plate for a 1960's Craftsman table saw. It is a joy to work with, but needs some cleaning and minor adjustments. I yet to plunge the kerf through the plate. Hopefully this 7/32" thick, cherry, shellacked, rare earth magnet fixed insert will serve me well.